Is the FLS all-in-one trainer system portable and easy to use in a training center?
Yes, the All-in-One Trainer allows for multiple teaching scenarios.
Used independently from the SimCart, the FLS box weighs approximately 6kg and can be positioned on any flat surface for use with any existing audio-visual equipment in your facility.
The included SimCart can be set up to be a wheeled mobile unit, which is easily maneuverable around a classroom setting, or, the additional Flat Feet allow for a more permanent and stationary practice space.
Does this laparoscopic simulator help learn the manual skills needed for the FLS exam?
Absolutely, working closely with the SAGES-ACS FLS committee, we designed this trainer specifically for the FLS training course and exam, and are the exclusive trusted supplier for FLS equipment.
The exam itself covers skills such as: hand-eye coordination, dexterity, instrument control and efficiency. With the FLS Trainer, you will be able to set up scenarios to practice these skills under exam style conditions where you would be marked on time precision.
What can we expect to find in the box when we purchase the All-In-One FLS trainer system?
Our top level FLS trainer combines everything needed for a mobile training solution. You'll receive:
- 1 laparoscopic trainer box with adjustable camera and internal light source
- Wheeled Mobile SimCart with adjustable TV mount arm
- LED television with cables and power adaptors
- Full set of task components
- FLS approved 8-piece instrument kit
What instruments come in the FLS Instrument Kit?
The instrument kit contains 8 instruments required to undertake practice and testing on the Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery Course:
- Maryland dissectors (set of 2)
- Left-handed Needle Driver
- Right-handed Needle Driver
- Grasper (Locking)
- Open Ended Knot Pusher
- Closed Ended Knot Pusher
Which FLS tasks can be practiced on Limbs & Things FLS trainers?
The FLS All-In-One trainer supports practice of all 5 tasks with no additional kit required:
- Peg Transfer: Pegboard + 6 Triangles and 2 Maryland Dissectors
- Precision Cutting: Single Circle Gauze Pads, Jumbo Clip, Maryland Dissector and Endoscissors
- Ligating Loop: Red Foam Organ, Ligating Loop (Multi-use for practice and Single-use for testing), Jumbo Clip, Endoscissors, Grasper (Maryland Dissector or Locking/Ratcheted Handle)
- Suture with Extracorporeal Knot: Penrose Drain, Suture Block, Suture, 2 Needle Drivers (or a Needle Driver and Maryland Dissector), Knot Pusher (open or closed), Endoscissors
- Suture with Intracorporeal Knot: Penrose Drain, Suture Block, Suture, 2 Needle Drivers, Endoscissors